Lots of us are more likely to go to different places at this time of year, so why not use places you go to as inspiration for your Bible exploration? Choose a place you plan to visit soon and explore a Bible story related to it.
It doesn’t have to be a different country, just somewhere different from the usual places you go. Here are some suggestions:
• Near a lake: read about Jesus appearing to Peter and the other disciples in John 21:1-25
• Up a hill or near a mountain: read about Jesus’ amazing teaching in Matthew 5:1-12 (and more!)
• In a city: read about the new Jerusalem, the city in heaven in Revelation 21:9-27
• Having a fire/BBQ: read about Elijah on Mount Carmel in 1 Kings 18:16-46
• By a river: read about God’s people crossing the Jordan River in Joshua 3
You could look at the Bible GodVenture52 cards for some ideas on how to explore the Bible passage or story together. You could do read the Bible story before you go, then maybe re-tell it on the way there or when you’re there, then remember and respond to it after your visit. (There are 52 different read, re-tell, remember and respond ideas in Bible GodVenture52.)